Responsible for the architectural design, development, and deployment of the enterprise's overall systems. Defines system solutions based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms. Researches, identifies, selects, and tests technology products required for solution delivery. Establishes, implements, and documents the technology integration or migration strategies. The position requires staying on top of the industry trend and new technologies for the system architecture. Works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge. Works autonomously. Goals are generally communicated in solution or project goal terms. May provide a leadership role for the work group through knowledge in the area of specialization. 15+ years of related experience.
Responsible for all aspects of designing, scheduling, planning, and pricing projects, as well as delegating tasks to subordinates.
Defining the future architecture for the airborne and ground-based and customer support elements of UAV systems including air vehicles, avionics, navigation, guidance, security, communication, sensors and payloads.
This person will define system architectures to implement autonomous technology, provide inputs to technology roadmaps and collaborate with development teams and business development leaders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership defining the key technical aspects of UAV systems
- Interact with development teams building the UAV systems
- Identify enabling and discriminating technologies and Intellectual Property (IP) required to achieve business objectives
- Engage with partners, suppliers, IRAD efforts, and other sources, to evaluate and incorporate emerging technologies
- Support bid and proposal efforts by creating differentiated technical solutions and generating engineering cost estimates
- Support product planning and roadmap development
- Design system architecture and interface control using requirements.
- Document features, modules, requirements, and the risks of each project.
- Perform development integration of new systems architectures
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical, Computer, or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited Engineering university or college
- Minimum of 15 years of engineering experience in the avionics industry, with a minimum of 5 years of system development experience or equivalent
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Familiarity with systems engineering processes including requirements definition, aircraft integration, flight testing, system safety, and requirements verification
- Experience defining and implementing complex system architectures containing multiple compute nodes including embedded airborne, ground, and cloud-based computing elements
- Experience with DOORs, Matlab and Simulink.
- Experience in writing and leading engineering teams developing proposals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- Active Secret security clearance