ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Evaluates Directed Energy and other advanced systems, products and applications by overseeing or consulting on research programs.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert for Directed Energy within the company and for our Government customers
- Consult on the integration of a complex pre-prototype weapon system.
- Assist in planning, coordination and execution of field testing and analysis.
- Provide technical oversight of HEL and other advanced system development
- Assist in developing requirements and procedures for a proposed weapon system
- Support evaluation of collected atmospheric propagation data
Other Job Functions
- Other related duties may be assigned
- Provide on call support.
- Work with members of the subcontractor team.
- Take part in technical reviews.
- Review proposals
- Assist in preparation of proposals
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with the Kratos team
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- MS Physics or Engineering Degree Required
- PhD Physics or Engineering Degree Desired
WORK ENVIROMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office environment
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Travel up to 25% of the time