Prepare surfaces for paint application. Apply protective coatings to metal and composite based product specifications using spray gun techniques. Remove protective coatings using chemical and mechanical methods.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The duties and responsibilities listed below apply to all levels of Painters. Each level of Painter has additional duties and responsibilities listed.
- Paints production products using enamel, lacquer, polyurethane, elastomeric, and related finishes.
- Follows FOD (foreign object prevention) practices.
- Uses wet mil gauge for verification of paint thickness.
- Prepares surfaces for paint using pneumatic, mechanical and hand sanding methods.
- Operates shop related machinery to include HVLP spray guns, ovens, paint booths, pneumatic tools, common hand tools, and scales.
- Handles, applies, stores, and disposes of chemical paint removing compounds, paints, smoothing compounds, adhesives, sealants, and solvents.
- Must use a respirator when spraying primer and paints.
- Interprets and follow manufacturing orders and drawings.
- Completes production paperwork, including painting logs.
- Supports and exhibits the focus of zero defects as well as right-the-first-time approach.
- Inspects finished products for conformance to specifications.
- Complies with established safety directives.
- Complies with established QMS procedures.
- Maintains a clean work area and ensures strict adherence to the 5S Standards.
Other Job Functions
- Assists co-workers within immediate department as required.
- Assists outside department personnel per Supervisors request or approval.
- May occasionally perform common tasks outside the scope of this job description in support of production operations.
- May be cross trained and utilized to perform technical tasks outside the scope of this job description in support of production operations.
- Other duties may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Must be able to interpret and work from industry specifications.
- Must be able to demonstrate accurate basic math skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate the accurate use of a tape measure.
- Must be able to perform dimensional inspection using calipers, dial indicator, thickness gauge.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to navigate around files.
- Works under close supervision.
- Specific duties and responsibilities for this level include an intermediate level of:
- Materials Knowledge
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Applies decals according to specifications and written work instructions.
- Trains less skilled Painters and Grinder/Sanders.
- Specific duties and responsibilities for this level include an advanced level of:
- Materials Knowledge
Kratos UAS, based in Sacramento, CA, designs and delivers advanced defense, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats, inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.