The PAA Specialist will anodize aluminum parts through a phosphoric acid anodizing process and alodining of parts as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs a variety of tasks, which requires knowledge of metal coating, materials, tools, and equipment.
- Operates PAA Room related equipment such as oven, pressure washer, spray booth, spray gun and crane.
- Prepares primes and racks parts for processing.
- Processes parts through phosphoric acid anodizing, alodining, primer and paint operation.
- Handles, applies, stores and disposes of work related chemicals.
- May work from verbal instructions.
- Inspects finished products for conformance to specification.
- Understands chemicals used in processes.
- Complies with all safety directives.
- Complies with all environmental regulations and environmental reporting requirements.
- Must use a respirator when spraying primers and paints.
- Maintains a clean work area and ensures adherence to the 5S Standards.
- Assists with other work assignments and/or may work in other departments as needed.
- Fills out travelers and maintains PAA log book, Spray Booth log book and records.
- Fills and test tanks for appropriate concentration.
- Bonds & Cuts Test Coupons for Pull Test.
- Provides technical direction related to anodizing, alodining and primer processes.
- Assists manufacturing engineering with the development of new techniques.
- Provides specific recommendations for equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for completeness & accuracy of log books and adherence to regulatory requirements.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Assists co-workers within the department as required.
- Assists outside department personnel per Supervisor/Operations Managers request.
- Ability to interferace professionally withregulatory authorities as required.
- Communicates in English both written and verbal.
- Must be able to demonstrate accurate basic math skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate good attention to detail resulting in the production of high quality parts.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to use hand tools.
- Must be able to demonstrate the accurate use of a tape measure.
- Precise measuring experience is a plus.
- Material coating background a plus.
- Documentation – skills in reading and writing various forms of documentation
- Ability to operate equipment used within the department
- Ability to read and follow processes and procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow CEis Quality System
- Adherence to all Safety and Government imposed regulations
- Experienced in trouble shooting and resolving problems.
- Ability to support manufacturing engineers with new techniques.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
Kratos UAS, based in Sacramento, CA, designs and delivers advanced defense, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats, inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.