The Production Supervisor has overall responsibility for the smooth workflow of production activities on a designated shift (day, swing, grave) and across shifts as required. Supervise a number of employees engaged in production activities, ensuring that quality standards and production schedule are met.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Sets, communicates and measures performance standards (volume, quaity, dependability, cooperation) of all employees assisgned and retains responsibility for tasks even when delegated.
- Trains employees on production practices, QMS procedures, and other company practices. May delegate on-the-job training of new hires/transfers to senior production staff.
- Ensures quality of parts produced. Develops production staff to be quality conscious and accountable for their workmanship.
- Ensures compliance with QMS procedures. Evaluates processes and practices for more efficient and effective methods and recommends changes as needed.
- Works with Engineering and Quality on process improvements.
- Plans and allocates equipment and labor resources to ensure that production schedules can be met. Anticipates issues to prevent problems and resolves problems as they occur. Ensures that workflow continues to meet deadlines.
- Works with Maintenance to ensure that equipment is maintained and repaired as needed.
- Analyzes and investigates to determine root causes of nonconformance.
- Coaches and counsels employees on a regular basis to ensure issues are addressed in a timely manner and to promote effective communication. Initiates disciplinary actions, evaluates performance, recommends wage actions, and hires new staff.
- Trains and ensures that employees follow safety precautions.
- Ensures that the work area and equipment are kept clean.
- Completes all paperwork timely and accurately. Developes proeduction staff so that they complete required paperwork timely and accurately.
- Uses software to enter, monitor and analyze data.
- Communicates effectively in English with all levels, both written and verbal.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned
- Supervises a designated shift of production staff in a variety of work cells, possibly across multiple shifts as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Is knowledgeable in the duties performed by staff; please refer to the appropriate subordinate job description(s) for details.
- Strong computer, written and organization skills.
- Must be effective at alliance building and creating a positive team spirit, both within his/her department and the rest of the company.
- Ability to provide effective direction, leadership and team building.