Kratos Defense & Rocket Support Services, Inc. is currently seeking a Sr. Software Developer to support NSWC/DD. The successful candidate will participate in IPTs, Working Groups (WG), and Technical Interchange Meetings (TIM) such as: Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT), Software Development and Test, Data Analysis Working Group (DAWG), Software Configuration Control Board (SCCB), System Problem Report (SPR) Review, Risk Assessment, Reliability WG, Cyber Security WG, Logistics WG, program reviews, and Chief Engineer (CHENG) Staff Meetings.
- Provide recommendations to chairman of Software Configuration Control Board (SCCB).
- Review software requirement changes, problem reports, and engineering requests to assess impact on system performance, contract scope, and schedule.
- Analyze system and software test data to evaluate performance and recommend improvements and resolution for deficiencies.
- Review software and systems documentation.
- Evaluate test plans, participate in system and software level testing, review test reports and provide assessment and recommendations to the government team.
- Develop test scenarios, test plans, test procedures, and reports for government led test events.· Participate in regression testing and evaluate performance for new software releases.
- Develop software for Enhanced Radar Data Display System (ERDDS) to record data and display radar data during test events.
- Develop software for Special Training System (STS).
- Software Support Agent Lab Tasks
- Understand and modify SW Requirements, Design, and (Operational Flight Plan) OFP Implementations.
- Build and setup Software Support Activity lab, including procurement and installation.· Review and recommend disposition of System Problem Reports.
- Develop Test Plans, Test Procedures, Data Reduction tools, Analysis tools, and Test Automation tools.
- Conduct IV&V testing, analyze test data/results, and generate reports.· Keep software secure using up-to-date IA and AT policies.
- Build and certify software and firmware releases.
- Travel in the field to help install and troubleshoot software. ·
- Assist in delivery of OFP.
- Assist Help Desk.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- Bachelors degree from an a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineering curriculum in one of the following fields: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineer, Electronics Engineering; or
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in one of the following fields of study: Mathematics, Computer Science, or Physics; or
- Masters degree from an accredited college or university in one of the following fields of study: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineer, Electronics Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Physics; or
- Ph.D degree from an accredited college or university in one of the following fields of study: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineer, Electronics Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Physics.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Minimum of five years of experience in complex radar system engineering, design, analysis, or radar software development; Solid technical background as demonstrated by certifiable experience formulating opinions, decisions and ultimate performance of the tasks specified in a contract statement of work;
- Demonstrated experience and ability to perform detailed and complex calculations and knowledge of practices/principles necessary to assess advanced radar systems concepts, assess specifications and perform system integration.