Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Associates degree in Electromechanical Technology with a minimum of 2-years progressive experience; Or
- Military experience and familiarization in troubleshooting and repairs of electrical and electronic control systems for shipboard gun and missile fire control systems; Or
- Technical Certificate from an accredited educational institution with a minimum of 4-years combined experience working with electrical and mechanical systems; Or
- High school diploma/GED with at least 6-years of experience in electrical and/or mechanical maintenance related field.
- One year of previous experience operating and maintaining industrial lifting equipment, forklifts, man-lifts, cranes and hoists.
- One year of previous experience using at least one of the following troubleshooting aides: thermography gun, digital VOM, volt, ohm or amp meters
- Self-starter requiring minimum supervision and direction.
- Ability to climb and work at elevated heights of up to eighty feet.
- Ability to interpret basic electrical schematics and blueprints.
- Ability to understand basic hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Ability to complete necessary training required to pass the Navy Ordnance Board as safety observer.
- Ability to lift up to a maximum 50 pounds,
- Proficiency with computers and ability to work with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Most job functions are performed in an indoor environment. The temperatures can range from 100 degrees in the summer to about 50 degrees in the winter. Most operations may expose employee to some type of disagreeable working conditions (wind, cold, heat, dust, dirt, fumes, noise, vibration, water, or oil). Some job functions may require hearing protection, gloves, face shields, safety goggles,
At various times this job will require the ability to stand, balance, bend, pivot, walk, climb, kneel, stretch crawl and work in awkward and/or confined positions. Ability to lift, carry, reach overhead, pull wires through conduit, install electrical components and fixture with some degree of physical exertion. Will be required to lift/carry up to a maximum lift of 50 lbs.