Under minimal supervision, is responsible for administering policies and programs covering the following: company policies and practices, recruitment, on-boarding, benefits, leaves of absence, employee relations, performance appraisal, corrective actions, workers compensation, personnel actions and supporting activities.
- Provides managers and employees answers to questions related to company policies and procedures and basic benefits related inquiries.
- Assists in generation of compliance reporting of the statistical reports for EEO, AAP, and Vets.
- 100 annual filings.
- As required, will partner with HR Manager and HR Assistant to coordinate the submission of proper documents being requested during periodic SOX audits.
- Ensures HR recordkeeping is compliant and current.
- Assists in the facilitation of the annual merit and performance review.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Works closely with the HR Manager on HR projects as required.
- Works with managers and supervisors to ensure smooth onboarding of new hires.
- May assist with employment activities such as scheduling interviews, drug screens and processing background checks in support of exempt and nonexempt recruiting and hiring activities and temporary agency activities.
- Assists new employee and benefits orientation sessions.
- Supports manager with the annual benefit renewal and open enrollment processes. Consults with, and advises employees on their eligibility for these and other related benefits.
- Responsible for reporting employee injuries to worker compensation carrier. Ensures that accident reports are fully completed and filed properly. Follows up on open claims and works closely with the clinic and WC carrier on case management. Updates OSHA 300 Log.