The DataDefender Product Manager is responsible for the success of the product line and has both outward and inward facing roles. Outward facing responsibilities include building strategic customer relationships, interpreting market needs into the product roadmap, owning the product roadmap, setting development priorities, defining sales strategies, generating marketing and sales materials, and engaging with customers in the sales process. The internal focused responsibilities include ensuring timely and quality product releases to support sales and BD activities, training and raising awareness of the product within the organization, being the Product Owner within an Agile team development model, being the subject matter expert on the product, and acting as the customer in sprint reviews.
- Build strategic relationships with key DataDefender customers.
- Define the product roadmap and associated business requirements for the DataDefender product line based on qualified market needs, customer inputs and projected ROI.
- Work with the Engineering team to solidify product concepts, architectures and required estimate investment levels.
- Work with the Project Manager to manage the Engineering teams priorities to maximize development resources.
- Collaborate with current and potential customers on the definition and timing of new product features.
- Perform ongoing business case analysis to establish and drive product development plans
- Work with marketing and sales teams to promote the product, model revenue growth and return on investment.
- Manage and communicate the product development lifecycle including defining the product roadmap, establishing product release content, setting development/release schedules, and leading the product planning and change configuration boards.
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of sales proposals and responses to RFIs and RFQs.
- Assist in defining and communicating the product message to the marketplace and lead the development of the appropriate marketing collateral.
- Develop/refine product pricing and margin model and implement approved global pricing.
- Develop internal and external sales tools and collateral material for the product line as needed.
- Perform hands-on product demonstrations for customers and sales staff to support new features and reinforce product capabilities; develop product demonstration scripts; train others to provide demonstrations.
- Forecast market demand in support of operations planning and budgeting.
- Continuously gather key information regarding competitive threats, perform competitive analysis to rationalize the pricing and value of the products, define market positioning, and support sales as they define and price proposals.
- Assist in the management of trade shows including product message, signage, and execution at the show.
- Persuasively promote RT Logics products and ideas at all levels both internally in the organization and externally to customers.
- Direct customer and business partner interaction, in a team effort with Enterprise sales teams, to define new products and new ways of doing business.
- Present at tradeshows, industry events, on-line forums and social media.
- Regular travel required for customer visits, trade shows, product demonstrations, OEM negotiations, etc including international travel.
- Able to hold a DoD SECRET level clearance.
- BS degree (MS desired) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field, with 7-10+ years experience in a high tech operational role or product management environment. Equivalent technical experience and Business degree may be considered.
- Work experience with satellite communications and / or telecommunications networks.
- Demonstrated success working with matrix organizations.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active SCI level clearance.
- Commercial Satcom, Defense and Aerospace industry experience.
- Knowledge of product life cycle.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Assertive self-starter capable of taking ownership of the product line, overseeing tasks assigned to the product team and driving them to completion.
- In depth understanding of market positioning, market development, market pricing and competitive analysis.
- MBA or equivalent a plus with a focus on marketing or brand management.
- Previous experience as a Product Manager a plus.
U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance.
RT Logic offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! Qualified applicants apply on-line at www.rtlogic.com. EOE M/F/D/V Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.