Kratos Defense & Rocket Support Services is currently seeking a Sr. Engineering Technician at White Sands Missile Range. The Sr. Engineering Technician will be responsible for practical understanding of the required system(s) as well as providing technical support as needed. Assist lead technician(s) and engineer(s) as needed. Activities may include but are not limited to: building and setting up equipment, preparing and conducting experiments, collecting data, designing and drafting equipment, inspecting products, and hazardous waste management, electronics, mechanical assembly.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops and tests machinery and equipment under the direction of engineering and scientific staff.
- Reviews project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problem, and possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts, or rearrangement of parts or subassemblies.
- Devises, fabricates, and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for products such as industrial equipment and machinery, power equipment, machine tools, and measuring instruments.
- Sets up and conducts test of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors, or to obtain data for development, standardization and quality control.
- Analyzes indicated and calculated test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives, and modifies or adjusts equipment to meet specifications.
- Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test method.
- Drafts detail drawing or sketch for drafting room completion or to request parts fabrication by machine, sheet metal or wood shops.