GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Software Engineers are being sought to join an experienced Software Engineering Team that is responsible for the design, development and deployment of multiple software applications and systems in support of the U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command.
Candidates will work on a suite of tools that includes desktop, web and mobile applications. Candidates will support both enhancements and extensions to the existing software suite as well as the design and implementation of new software applications.
Experience with software design, implementation and test, deployment, sustainment, and working in configuration managed, classified, and team environments are beneficial.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operating in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Using Microsoft Visual Studio to develop, debug, test, and deploy applications
- Proficient in C# and the .NET Framework
- Working with industry standard relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server)
- Experience with ASP.NET, MVC, Web API, ORM technologies
- Experience with hosting websites in a Microsoft IIS webserver
- Experience in open source development
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Experience on iterative, spiral or agile software development teams
The employee will likely be placed in an office. The work environment characteristics are representative of those of an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job in a typical office/workstation situation. Able to work sitting or standing at desk and operate a computer via standard input devices such as using a keyboard and reading information on a monitor.