The Pricing Analyst (PA) is responsible for compiling cost elements in the development of routine and complex proposals in response to customer requests and specifications, as well as ensuring the estimating methodologies and integrity of bases of estimates.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The duties and responsibilities listed below apply to all levels of Pricing Analyst. Each level of Pricing Analyst has additional duties and responsibilities listed.
- Works closely with Proposal Manager(s) & Program Manager(s) to review RFP, establish scope and identify internal team members.
- Participates in proposal kick-off meeting and identifies cost volume activities with related internal team assignments.
- Works closely with the Proposal and Program Managers to understand and clarify internal Statements of Work and develops WBS and work packages for Basis of Estimates (BOEs) development by functional departments.
- Prepares Proposal Compliance Checklist associated with cost volume and partners with Contracts Administrator and Proposal Manager / Program Manager to ensure compliance throughout the proposal lifecycle.
- Working with the Proposal/Program Manager, develops proposal schedule for the proposal effort and is responsible for ensuring that all deadlines associated with costing and/or the development of the cost proposal deliverables are met.
- Coordinates the collection and accumulation of cost elements from functional departments. In doing so, organizes and facilitates the work of individuals and/or project teams supporting these efforts.
- Coordinates and conducts cost volume team meetings as needed and maintains Action Item list.
- Coordinates cost volume preparation activities among functional departments and participates in fact-finding meetings with customer and/or DCAA.
- Participates in should-cost and pricing reviews with management.
- As requested by the Proposal/Program Manager or Capture Manager, this individual will support the information presented in the cost proposal and cost related data supplied as part of proposal submittals.
- Ensures that proposals are priced and accomplished in accordance with CEi policies, strategies, and sound business practices and are in compliance with FAR and DoD regulations.
- Develops/prepares complete and accurate proposal package, including explanatory notes, ground rules and assumptions, and exceptions to customer RFP/RFQ guidelines. Integrates reports, BOEs, and supporting schedules into Cost Volume.
- Ensures FAR compliance especially FAR 15.408 Table 15-2.
- Acts as primary interface with DCAA and other government agencies regarding proposal audits/reviews.
- May prepare labor and material costs based on historical data.
- Loads all base cost data into ProPricer.
- Develops and prepares reports as needed.
- Fosters ethical conduct, practices, andpersonal integrity throughout CEi to ensure CEis ability to attract and retain customers in a highly competitive environment.
- Other duties and assignments as required.
Pricing Analyst I
- Participates in kick-off meetings and as team member through the proposal development process and during proposal reviews.
- With direction from PAII and/or PAIII, prepares complete proposal package (write explanatory notes, cover letters, ground rules & assumptions, exceptions, integrate reports/BOEs/supporting schedules).
- Ensures thoroughness/completeness of entire proposal package.
Pricing Analyst II
- Co-leads proposal team members on how to prepare responsive and winning cost proposals.
- Provides direction to proposal team members on how to prepare cost proposal inputs. Assists in the development of kick-off meetings with Proposal Manager & Program Manager, leads teams through the writing process, oversees cost proposal reviews, obtains corporate sign-off, and follows through on compliant/timely proposal submission.
- Provides direct support to Proposal Manager, Program Manager and volume leads.
- Prepares and presents financial summary at executive proposal reviews.
- Consistent with strategies established by the Proposal/Program Manager and Capture Manager, this individual will develop cost models which represent the anticipated cost associated with the work scope proposed. They will be responsible for the guidance and collection of cost data from functional groups when required. They will ensure the adequacy of cost estimates and, in conjunction with the Proposal Manager, brief the foundation of cost estimates to management as part of the proposal review process.
- Defines cost proposal set-up and gains concurrence from Proposal/Program Manager or Business Development Account Executive.
- Ensures cost proposal package addresses/satisfies customer and compliance requirements.
- Constructs and writes Cost Volume and ensures Compliance with Company Procedures and US Government Regulations.
- Works with Proposal or Program Manager to determine execution schedule to support time-phasing of resources in cost volume.
- Participates in IPT meetings when part of a program team.
- May mentor level I Pricing Analysts.
- Reviews completed proposal with Sr. Pricing Manager before release to program or Business Development.
Pricing Analyst III
- Provides a strategic focus to all proposal costing efforts.
- Recommends and participates as a lead in the establishment of cost models and Cost Estimating Relationships (CERs) which provide supported and representative cost estimates to the Proposal/Program Managers for use on CEi products and services.
- Conducts kick-off meetings with Proposal/Program Manager, oversees cost proposal reviews, obtains corporate sign-off, and follows through on compliant/timely proposal submission.
- Coordinates the collection and accumulation of cost elements from functional departments. In doing so, organize and direct the work of individuals and/or project teams supporting these efforts.
- May mentor level I and II Pricing Analysts.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned
Pricing Analyst I
- Understanding of DOD and FAR preferred.
- Interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of management and individual contributors.
- Demonstrated ability to think analytically and apply solid judgment when interpreting and applying data, contract terms and conditions, and regulatory requirements to work products.
- Strong math skills and ability to analyze numeric data.
- Key success factors include: ability to plan and manage a schedule, commitment to on-time performance, and the ability to support concurrent proposal assignments in a time sensitive environment.
- Prior experience developing Government Proposals for engineered solutions is preferred.
- Ability to direct resources, status tasks, and pay attention to detail.
- Hands-on skills in the areas of desktop computer applications (MS Office).
- Ability to work well in a team, and as an individual.
- Experienced user of ProPricer pricing software is desired.
Pricing Analyst II
- B.S. Degree in Business, Finance/Accounting or Technical field and 5 years directly related experience in US Government proposal preparation and estimating.
- Knowledge of government defense program procurement cycle.
- Experience working in an environment requiring compliance with DoD and FAR regulations.
- Familiarity with all contract types including Firm Fixed Price, Cost Plus, T&M, and ID/IQ contracting.
- Familiarity with indirect and direct cost build-ups and interpretation of disclosure statements.
- Solid presentation skills and the ability to communicate, influence and gain commitment of Program and Business Development Team members.
- Key success factors include: ability to plan and manage a schedule, commitment to on-time performance.
- Highly proficient in Excel (lookups, pivot tables, charts, etc…).
- Ability to lead teams and interact proactively with the technical community to achieve proposal objectives and timelines.
- Strong time management skills, organizational skills and detail orientation are a must.
Pricing Analyst III
- B.S. Degree in Business, Finance/Accounting or Technical field and 8+ years directly related experience.
- Detailed understanding and the ability to properly interpret and apply DoD/FAR regulations to the proposal development and compliance review processes.
- Ability to train and mentor others successfully.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Business, Finance/Accounting or Technical area and 2 years related of accounting or pricing experience.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, hold, grasp, type, talk, and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Office environment.
- May work extended hours or weekends, some travel may be required.
Kratos UAS, based in Sacramento, CA, designs and delivers advanced defense, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats, inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. #KUAS