To set-up, operate or program various types of machines for production of piece parts for shelters to achieve quality and integrity of products at the lowest possible cost.
- Receives instructions both verbally and from detailed prints and routings
- Will be required to set-up and operate various Fabrication shop equipment to complete assigned tasks including lathes, drill press, , CNC turret punching centers (Trumpf, Strippit), various bench mounted equipment, shears, saws, punch press, radial drill, decoiler, band saws, gang press, press brake, rollers, tubing / pipe benders, routers, various bench mounted equipment, all types of hand tools, electric powered hand tools, air powered hand tools, hoists, cranes, lift trucks
- Performs operations that will include shearing, punching, forming, notching, boring, counter boring, , tapping, threading, milling, drilling, reaming, counter sinking, sawing, grinding, cutting, sharpening, chamfering, deburing.
- Assists with and/or constructs fixtures, jigs, tools, soft vise jaws, shop aids
- Will produce piece parts & parts for prototypes as well as parts for machine and building maintenance as needed.
- Assists with and/or performs repairs to parts on jigs, fixtures, dies and shop aids
- Assists with repairs to machines and equipment in Fabrication shop as requested or required by maintenance.
- All levels may perform other functions such as moving parts/material, loading/unloading, sweeping, cleaning, and various other assignments as needed
- Uses various measuring and inspection tools and equipment for piece part inspection, compliance, accuracy verification
- Maintains a clean and safe work area
- May be asked to work outdoors on occasion as well as in other Departments as needed or required by shop work load