Kratos Communications Inc. is a trusted global satellite communications monitoring, interference detection and geolocation company. Kratos Communications is committed to developing industry practices and new technologies to reduce the costly effects of unwanted interference. KCOMMS SAT products, SAT-DSA, Monics, satID, and SigMon use patented algorithms, complex science and cutting edge technology to monitor satellite communications for Quality of Service; identifying anomalies, including secondary signals, and geolocating sources of interference. Kratos Communications is also leading the efforts behind streamlining network operations and services/content insight.
This role will have responsibility to ensure timely and accurate movement of freight and information, while providing exceptional customer service. The International Logistics Administrator will help prepare, review and approve international shipments Company-wide while maintaining compliance with all U.S. export regulations (including recordkeeping). This role will have responsibility to understand U.S. trade regulations and their impact on international traffic. Youll be responsible for monitoring the equipment, products, and documentation both arriving and leaving the company's warehouse. You may be required to receive material, process pack slips and coordinate sending this information to the main office. This position requires you to complete all of these tasks quickly enough to meet a company's on-time delivery requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Coordinate and approve international shipments in accordance with U.S. trade laws for Kratos business units
• Verify proper export jurisdiction and classifications for products, technology and software in accordance with applicable U.S. export controls (EAR and ITAR)
• Analyze proposed international logistics activities for export control implications
• Ensure smooth and timely freight process flow
• Ensure accurate and timely data entry into internal operational system
• Ensure arrival notices are communicated to internal customers
• Interact with business units in arranging international shipments, meeting customer services standards
• Contribute to maintaining good relationships with freight forwarders
• Meet compliance at all times with internal and external processes in accordance with U.S. export regulations
• Understand department process flow, looking for best practices to improve operational efficiency and productivity
• Help business partners understand the risks and consequences of given international logistics situation. Effectively communicate the consequences and develop alternatives to manage identified risks.
• Manage record keeping and reporting requirements.
• Calculate weights and sizes in preparation of international commercial invoice requirements
• Review customer shipping requirements and have familiarity with Incoterms 2010
• Responsible for monitoring each shipment to make sure that outgoing packages are packed correctly and accurately
• You may then need to print shipping labels, schedule pick-ups, and ensure that each package is shipping in accordance with customer specific requirements
• Responsible for contacting suppliers, vendors and contractors for maintaining the facility, e.g. copy machine, shredding documents, etc.
• Keep an open list of items to be corrected or fixed and coordinate with facilities related items and keep running list of open items.
• Support customer visits with meals and drinks while on site.
• Order miscellaneous supplies and restocking them as required.