Responsibilities include ensuring compliance with government security requirements pertaining to computer systems processing classified information. Will be the subject matter expert for the Industrial Security Field Operations (ISFO) Process Manual for the Certification and Accreditation of Classified Systems and the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM Chapter 8).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (Information Systems Security Manager):
Establish and maintain classified computer systems following DOD, NISPOM, and Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG), including but not limited to:
- Responsible for network address assignment, routing protocols, and routing table configuration as well as configuration of authentication and authorization – directory services. Performs maintenance of network servers: file servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems, etc.
- Develops and maintains a formal information system (IS) security program. Establishing and updating System Security Plans (SSPs). Implementing and enforcing IS security policies.
- Maintains the hardware and software that comprises the network (data, voice and video) including the deployment, maintenance and monitoring of active network gear; switches, routers, firewalls, and appliances
- Performs weekly audits, anti-virus definitions, and Windows updates. Manages active directory, group policy, files shares, backups and restores.
- Responds to IS security incidents including investigation and report detail.
- Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures to restrict unauthorized use of data systems and databases.
- Ensures all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before granting access to the IS.
- Conducts Initial and annual required training of general users.
- Ensure users have need-to-know for the data they are accessing.
- Installs new and existing hardware/software. Manages disaster recovery functions for information systems.
(Assistant Facility Security Officer)
- Uses Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) and other security software in the performance of assigned duties.
- Serves as Assistant Account Manager for COMSEC account.
- Helps to manage and implement physical security safeguards for the protection of personnel and property.
- Backup FSO in the maintenance of the Facility Clearance (FCL) in accordance with the NISPOM.
- Interfaces with government customers on security and contract related issues. Prepares and maintain the company SPP, OPSEC plan and AIS plan.
- Ability to understand and administer and execute a strong security program in compliance with the NISPOM, NISPOM Supplement; DoDM 5105.21, Vol 1-3; COMSEC Manual NSA/CSS 3-16, Director of National Intelligence (DNI), Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs) and associated corporate and government policies and directives.
Non-Essential Job Duties:
Other duties may be assigned
Check the appropriate box that reflects the authority or responsibility that this position will have:
? Assign Work ? Discipline ? Hiring ? Approval of Leave Use ? Evaluation ? Termination
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary.
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules.
- Ability to effectively communicate professionally in writing or verbally with all levels of personnel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires BS/BA degree in a related technical field and a minimum of 3 years directly related experience or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Must be 8570 (DoD) compliant.
- Must have working knowledge of TCP/IP, network switching, routing and infrastructure cabling. Must be able to configure switches by using work instructions.
- Must have solid work experience with Windows 7/10/ Server 2008 R2, DISA STIGS, and SCAP Compliance hecker.
- Must have the ability to provide internal and external customer support related to desktop troubleshooting.
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and follow through with task from start to completion.
- Required to have and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office and/or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones).
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May work extended hours or weekends and have on-call schedule/duties.
- 25-50% May be required between customer site and/or other KUAS locations.