The Inventory Clerk follows verbal instructions or reads work orders for movement, proper storage, release and delivery of materials, parts, components, and tooling to specific departments, as well as performs data entry into a material control database.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Inventory Clerk ALL
The duties and responsibilities listed below apply to all levels of Inventory Clerks. Each level of Inventory Clerk has additional duties and responsibilities listed.
- Stores and logs material within a storage facility using a forklift truck, hoist, or other material handling equipment.
- Releases and/or delivers materials, parts, components, tooling, etc. to production floor or departments as needed.
- Performs cycle counts and inventory audits.
- Enters receipt and issue of parts to jobs.
- Pulls, kits and expedites any material shortages.
- Responsible for cleaning work area and equipment.
- Follows all ISO and Safety procedures.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Inventory Clerk II
- Works under general supervision.
- Researches and reconciles inventory discrepancies.
- Responsible for training less skilled Inventory Clerks.
- Works with the Quality department to resolve Material Control problems.
Inventory Clerk III
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Responsible for training and providing e oversight of other inventory clerks.
- Responsible for specific functions within Material Control such as Government Property Control, Shelf Life Control, Tool Control, and Main Warehouse Control.
- Hazardous Materials Training
- Forklift Trainer
- Perform safety inspections and oversight support
- May be the delegated authority when department supervisor is on vacation or absent.
Other Job Functions
Other duties as assigned,
Tracks daily hours worked in timekeeping system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Ability to effectively communicate professionally in writing or verbally with all levels of personnel
Kratos UAS, based in Sacramento, CA, designs and delivers advanced defense, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats, inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
Each successive level of Inventory Clerk builds on the identified typical qualifications listed for the previous level(s) Inventory Clerk.
Inventory Clerk I
- Preferably 1-3 years related experience in a Manufacturing Inventory control environment.
- Communicates professionally and effectively both written and verbally.
- Must be able to demonstrate accurate basic math skills.
- Requires high school education or equivalent.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Forklift / Order picker experience or ability to obtain forklift /order picker license.
- Preferably have experience with MRP/ERP and Microsoft Office programs.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position including lifting up to 50 pounds, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
Inventory Clerk II
- Basic to Intermediate computer skills with the ability to navigate around files.
- Preferably 4+ years related experience in manufacturing inventory control.
Inventory Clerk III
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills with the ability to navigate around files.
- Preferably 6+ years related experience in manufacturing inventory control
- Basic Hazardous Materials Training preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Standing, walking, lifting and carrying up to 50lbs, reaching, using material handling equipment.
May work extended hours and/or weekends.
Ability to work in a non- temperature controlled environment.