Seeking experienced Information Assurance professional to support a US Air Force contract in San Antonio, Texas. The IA Specialist will provide support to system development and be responsible for the creation of accreditation packages in accordance with DIACAP requirements.
Typical duties performed include:
• Provide DIACAP reference knowledge and RMF and FISMA technical expertise (C&A Helpdesk support, assessing IA controls, documentation support and assisting in the development of architectural drawings) to government PMs and Wing Information Assurance personnel IAW government performance work statement.
• Provide support within 1 business day to requests for technical assistance from government PMs and ascertain the level of assistance required.
• Provide onsite C&A package support, IAW PWS Paragraph 1.10, in support of systems that may not be accessible offsite and cannot be supported by offsite contractor personnel.
• Provide IA and system support service resource(s) supporting: INFOSEC, IA / IA-enabled products, Configuration Management, cyber cryptography, IA Vulnerability Management, IA Inspections, and Incident and Spillage Handling.
• Provide government oral briefings and/or written reports as required/requested, to include providing assistance to the command IAM, Alternate IAM, and/or Compliance Branch Manager.
• Assist and Conduct assessments on systems, networks, IA processes, and operations to include determining the security status and adherence to IA policy, procedures and standards.
• Develop, review, evaluate, and submit C&A packages for all eligible assets within all phases of the DIACAP and RMF process.
• Identify, verify, and consolidate specific vulnerabilities, causes, and recommend corrective actions from each assessment conducted.
• Assist to streamline technical IA processes, make solid technically sound recommendations, validate technical solutions, and validate level of effort associated with projects and assigned tasks.
• Review security and IA requirements and ensure compliance with established standards.
• Conduct investigations of security violations and breaches and recommend solutions, prepare reports, and provide analysis summary to management.
• Analyze and identify corrective actions and validity of reports, documents, and products.
• Perform IA reviews as required of technician-generated checklists and scans of servers/systems IAW published DISA and US Air Force guidance.
• Provide IA liaison and IA consulting services as required assisting technical staff with resolving findings or issues associated with periodic reviews/scans of servers/systems.
• Support the security awareness program, including course development, tracking and reporting of compliance.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Minimum education level High school/GED.
• Knowledge of governance, risk and compliance frameworks, especially DIACAP (DOD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process), FISMA.
• Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) Process.
• Personnel shall have at least 2-5 years information systems security experience, to include:
>Must have an IAM Level II certification (CAP, GSLC, CISM, CASP, CISA or CISSP) or higher
>Must have an active Secret clearance
• Experience with USAF or DoD IA highly desirable.